Thursday, February 24, 2011

33

February 18 was my birthday, 
I turned 33.
Admittedly, not the greatest picture, mostly because it was just a test picture by Erik. Nonetheless, it's a picture of just me, which I rarely take. I'm the one that's typically behind the camera.
It was my birthday and for the first time in a long time, I wasn't sad to age (but we can put on the brakes for a little while, 33 is great ;) ). I can say that I miss my childhood years. I miss the teenage years, I miss my twenties. In this timespan, there have been moments of unbeliveable joy, moments of great sadness, of horrible embarrassment, of tremendous pride, and the list goes on. 
The one thing that all these have in common is that it's just what they are: moments...moments that I have experienced, that I have LIVED.
I'd like to give God back some of them, some of them just don't make sense. Some of them are heartbreaking.
Others, I wish I could go back. I wish I could relive them just to feel that sense of elation.
In these 33 years, these moments, they have pieced a puzzle, one that is not yet complete.
A puzzle that is building year after year, month after month, day after day, minute after minute, second after second.
In these 33 years, I am thankful for loving friends,
a loving family,
a loving husband, 
and loving children. 
(+2, -1...Tatum was in the stroller sleeping)
I am thankful for a loving God who has given me these gifts. 
I do not take these gifts for granted, or the moments that have led up to this point, for they are all part of my life, and what makes me, me.
Sure, I've got a lot of work ahead of me to live the best life I can, but I think that's great news.
That means more moments and more moments mean more memories to share.
Thank you, 33.
Here's to many more!



2 comments :

  1. Happy (belated) Birthday! Here's to 33 (and more) amazing years of life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Kristin....it showed I put a comment and now it is gone. Well that is me and computers! I cannot create what I said before so I will try something new. I love the picture of you and you don't look 33. In fact you will always be my baby. The time has flown by so quickly that it certainly doesn't feel like 33 years have passed. Probably because for me they are the best 33 years of my life. Thank you for being you. I am so proud of you and all you do! I love you....Mommy

    ReplyDelete

It's a beautiful noise-And it's a sound that I love- And it makes me feel good-Like a hand in a glove -Yes it does, yes it does-What a beautiful noise

Related Posts with Thumbnails