Monday, January 30, 2012

milestones

Milestone, turning point, special event, are all ways that I would describe the joy it is to watch Tatum as her journey on foot begins.
She still scoots when she wants to get somewhere quickly, but her new discovery that she can travel like everyone else brings a smile to her face.
She walks cautiously,
but smoothly.
When she's traveled a distance,
she knows that I'm not too far behind.
She pauses, turns ever so carefully to make sure I am still there...
and waves.
She has officially reached this milestone and it is so very, very, bittersweet.

2 comments :

  1. Ahhh! I can't take it... new waddling walking babies are SO SO PRECIOUS! Love the light too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Tatum! Oh so bittersweet ! How did you grow so fast!?

    ReplyDelete

It's a beautiful noise-And it's a sound that I love- And it makes me feel good-Like a hand in a glove -Yes it does, yes it does-What a beautiful noise

Related Posts with Thumbnails