Monday, November 9, 2009

i'm on the black team, you're on the blue team

I'm not quite sure why Kieran's favorite color has changed from orange (which I think is a very cool favorite color, not mine, but just cool) to black (which can obviously be a favorite color, but I never associate it that way), but it has. Maybe for the same reason that he has really taken an interest to soccer. Don't get me wrong, Kieran loves golf and has been playing since he was 18 months old. He had clubs and his own golf bag from both grandfathers before he could walk! Erik would love it if Kieran continues to play golf, and I think he will, but you should see the joy he gets from running as fast as he can, and kicking the ball with all his might. Like this:

And this:

And this:

My mom has video when Kieran was around 18 months (maybe younger, I'll have to check) dribbling a soccer ball across a park field. Not taught, just natural. We'll encourage him to play whatever sport he likes (Please dear God, don't let it be swimming, we've heard swim meet stories from too many parents; seconds of glory and hours of waiting in the freezing cold...I HATE the cold! At least with soccer, even if it's cold, there's a lot more action!). I can't imagine Kieran choosing not to play sports, it lights too many sparks in him that he exudes sheer happiness whenever he is playing them.
And, when you do play with Kieran, the latest is that he is on the black team, and daddy or anyone else for that matter, is on the blue team. Sometimes everyone is on the black team (when he's tired of the ball being kept away from him :) ). He played and played and played...

and finally, tired himself and took a rest with his sister in the backyard hammock.

Life is good.

No comments :

Post a Comment

It's a beautiful noise-And it's a sound that I love- And it makes me feel good-Like a hand in a glove -Yes it does, yes it does-What a beautiful noise

Related Posts with Thumbnails