Friday, August 7, 2015

we're not in july anymore...{flashback friday, fourth of july}

We're not in July anymore...I wish it was, so that I could rewind to have a Summer "do over". I love the swim team season, but it can be so time consuming that it leaves us with mostly that and not a lot of vacations. So, it's a flashback Friday to the fourth of July and I hope we can squeeze in one more trip before it's back to school.
We had many thunderstorms,
but a few breaks in the weather.
It's next to near impossible...
to not relax and take in this view.
We weren't sure what the 4th would have in store because in the morning, we woke up to this:
hail on the 4th of July!
Liam thought we might need
a life jacket on land.
I was able to get some shots of the kids,
and this was the best I could get of Anna because she wasn't totally in to getting her picture taken.
Then there's my little Tatum,
who is such
 a giggly little thing.
And then there's these two little peas in a pod,
 
that remind me of these "used to be" two little peas in a pod...



and then my heart REALLY aches.
It aches for the time I'd give to go back to when the first two were little when they rarely fought. I relish in the times now where they still get along, they really do love each other. It's just different than it used to be! My heart also aches with an overwhelming amount of thankfulness for the four healthy littles I have now. When they all get along, it is magic.

My then four year old, is now my soon to be fourth grader and he is all kinds of complicated and wonderful. He had THE BEST time and according to him, this was the most fun he's EVER had because he got to spend it with Aunt Jessica (Erik's sister).
We don't get to see Aunt Jessica very often so Kieran was over the moon!

There's this guy,
who is my everything. I rarely get to be in pictures with him, but I made him take one.
And then there's this guy...
who keeps us on our toes. Murray is a handful and then some, but I cannot imagine our family without him.
We got in a quick little hike,
before turning back from the lightning.
We still got to see the fireworks
from our awesome view at the top of our mountain!
We had one sunny day...
 on the beach.
Playing in the sand,

 lounging,

and drinking the most delicious rum runner (okay, that was just me). 
The kids went swimming,



and kayaking with Erik and Papa Drew.
I've got to get pictures with Grandma next time!

My funny boy...

and my tired boy.

It was such a beautiful day to enjoy
 God's creation!

Erik and I also got to go out without the littles...
a rarity and something we need to do more often!

We went mini-golfing and trampoline bungee jumping...
so
 much
 fun

to watch!
Aunt Jessica brought her kitchen manager from her restaurant, Irais (say it with me...Ear/Eye/Ees),
who my kids adored. Tatum is wanting her to come over to her house today for a playdate. ;)
Such a fun weekend!
Until next time...



1 comment :

It's a beautiful noise-And it's a sound that I love- And it makes me feel good-Like a hand in a glove -Yes it does, yes it does-What a beautiful noise

Related Posts with Thumbnails