Monday, July 18, 2011

perseverance

per·se·ver·ance
  [pur-suh-veer-uhns] 
–noun
1.
steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose, a state,etc., especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles, 
or discouragement.

We went from one little girl, being afraid of the water, throwing tantrums, begging her teachers not to "dunk her", not wearing goggles, to this:
Anna was a little nervous and eventually excited to participate in her very first "swim meet". Designed for the little ones who are not yet on swim team, this little girl swam with the assistance of her teacher, goggle prepared, bubble blowing, and with all her heart and might. 
He went from barely making it a few feet,
to big freestyle arms, legs kicking, side breathing, swimming the ENTIRE length of the pool! 
I could have given in when the other moms were staring at me wondering if I'd give in to my daughter screaming, "I don't want to swim, I can't do it!"
I could have...
but I didn't. 
Kieran thought he'd never make it the whole length of the pool...
but he did, and he was thrilled!
What better way to celebrate the true act of perseverance with a refreshing snow cone? Who cares that it was freezing cold outside?
There's no better reward that any ribbon or snow cone could give, than the sense of accomplishment that they felt from a congratulatory hug by their teacher.
Perseverance...it pays off!

1 comment :

  1. Way to go Anna and Kieran!! Awesome job!!
    Love,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete

It's a beautiful noise-And it's a sound that I love- And it makes me feel good-Like a hand in a glove -Yes it does, yes it does-What a beautiful noise

Related Posts with Thumbnails