Sunday, September 19, 2010

block party

Today we had our annual block party.
I can't believe it's been a year already, it feels like the last block party was just the other day! Erik and I are exhausted. We have been on our feet from sun up to sun down this weekend still trying to clean up and recover from "the great refrigerator leak of 2010". Meanwhile, Kieran and Anna have had cabin fever while we've sadly "neglected" them in efforts to have our house feel like home again. They missed the doughnut eating contest, but they had plenty of running around, bike riding, eating hotdogs (well Anna anyway, Kieran just enjoyed the desserts and had dinner when we got back), and cupcakes.
 
 
On our way back home around the corner, I was reminded that it is Fall this week and how beautiful our trees are at this time of year (knowing that ours will be trimmed tomorrow because the leaves fall like crazy and we have hired a gardener makes them all the more beautiful!).
 
Anna and I had to stroll down the street to find Kieran who I hadn't seen in 45 minutes. He was busy playing football with the packs of kids in our neighborhood. And, I am such the proud mommy, because he has gotten so good at riding his bike in the few times that we've taken him. He's become quite the pro!
 


Here's hoping that in 7 weeks, I've got the same confidence that Kieran's gained. I know once you know how, you never forget how to ride a bike, but Lord, I know I sure forget quickly about all the pain that comes with child birth (prior to the drugs I'll be getting :) and the recovery that no one ever talks about)! Luckily, it's all worth it. So very, very worth it.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment :

It's a beautiful noise-And it's a sound that I love- And it makes me feel good-Like a hand in a glove -Yes it does, yes it does-What a beautiful noise

Related Posts with Thumbnails