Sunday, October 24, 2010

pumpkin patch 2010

Erik and I went to pick up my brand new car today (and didn't come home with it because it needs to be detailed...post to follow), and actually had the opportunity to enjoy each other's company at lunch...by ourselves. Imagine that! I have a lot of moments, that most people do, where you think to yourself, "where did the time go?" or "how quickly the seasons change!", and it's becoming more prevalent as I get older. It's amazing what a difference a year makes. I look back on last year's trip to the pumpkin patch, and I feel like we were just there. 
Anna's hair just a ball full of curls at the base of her neck, has quickly turned into bouncing pig tales...
 and my growing boy, Kieran, is that much more excited by pulling the wagon all by himself.
We went to the smaller patch this year, closer to home, because it was raining and just easier for me.
I'm growing a third and final little pumpkin,
 and she's due in two weeks!
How the time goes...
 how the seasons change...
but we never stop laughing,
and we never stop
 loving.
Sure, we have our moments and they aren't ones that I'm always proud, but we are not perfect nor should we be. We are a family. We grow and change with the seasons, we learn from our mistakes, and at the end of the day,
we walk together, no matter what.

No comments :

Post a Comment

It's a beautiful noise-And it's a sound that I love- And it makes me feel good-Like a hand in a glove -Yes it does, yes it does-What a beautiful noise

Related Posts with Thumbnails