Sunday, April 11, 2010

a day at the aquarium

Spring Break has come and gone. We didn't really do much, well except for several trips to the park and a small fraction of Spring cleaning. The highlight of the week, however, was Erik taking the day off and the four of us going to the aquarium. The smell of the ocean air, the warmth of the sun shining on my back, a day as a family...pure bliss.
Kieran and Anna wanted to see every tank. They were super happy to be there with their daddy.
What you don't see is the families behind us, wanting to take pictures with the giant penguin. Anna loved the penguin so much...
she decided to give it a hug and was quite upset when we had to move on.
We took a break for lunch (I love, Love, LOVE calamari...so good!)

and enjoyed some time outdoors (totally spontaneous hug, no intervention here!).

Kieran thought the indoor wave was awesome...
he could have stayed there all day.

A few looks at the touch pools...


and then it was time to go home.
Glad we decided to become members, more family time, more calamari,
more smiles.

3 comments :

  1. Looks like a great aquarium and trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I love the Aquarium! We took the girls to the aquarium last summer, so we didn't go again this past week. What day did you go? Rebecca & her boyfriend were there on Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Everytime gets better and better. I loved the photos..how did you get that sort of color?...I can't explain it. Erik looks like a 20 year old in these pictures. It is so cute to see him enjoying himself with the kids. Love the picture of you and Anna and the one of Kieran in front of the "wave". I want to go with you next time. I love the Monterey Bay Aquarium! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

It's a beautiful noise-And it's a sound that I love- And it makes me feel good-Like a hand in a glove -Yes it does, yes it does-What a beautiful noise

Related Posts with Thumbnails