Tuesday, April 24, 2012

i cannot imagine...

I cannot imagine...
what life would have been like without you.
I cannot imagine...
what you will be like in another 17 months.
Except to say, 
that if you are anything like you are now, what a true gift you are to me, your daddy, your brother and sister!
What a gift you are to all who meet you!
You love to be outside.
Your new word is "happy".

You love singing Old McDonald and try as we might, the only animal that he has on his farm is a cow.
You love to try to sing your ABCs.
You adore being outside. If you could sleep under the night sky, you would. 
You love your new shoes and with all the walking that you do with those little legs, it may as well be miles.
You laugh at yourself, which is downright funny.
Your daddy holds the sun, the moon, and the stars.
You love to play games with Kieran and Anna.
And, at the end of the day, you rest your head on my shoulder to snuggle and give me a little pat just as I do when I comfort you.
It's as if to say, "there, there, Mommy", as if to show your comfort in return.
You do, my love, you do.

2 comments :

  1. Tatum is a sweet miracle and I can't imagine the world without her. She laughs at her own jokes just like I do according to your Dad! If the description of the word happy were in a special dictionary...it would be Tatum....my happy happy baby. I can't imagine my world without her. You have described her perfectly Kristin and I can hardly wait to see her this weekend! All my love....Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always another beautiful child but only because she has wonderful parents. You make me smile by how lovely you write about your family. You are truely blessed. love you, Ruthie

    ReplyDelete

It's a beautiful noise-And it's a sound that I love- And it makes me feel good-Like a hand in a glove -Yes it does, yes it does-What a beautiful noise

Related Posts with Thumbnails