Sunday, August 23, 2009

thankful

This weekend was the last weekend before the school year officially starts. We didn't do anything exciting, we didn't travel anywhere, we weren't rushing from one place to the next.
Unlike most weekends where we have places to be, people to see and things to do, this weekend was spent at home, in our cozy little house. I love that my kids love to be outside. They don't need much to keep them happy, mostly just blue sky and fresh air.

Anna and I spent some quality time together outside watering the plants. Most of the time,there isn't even water in her watering can, but she still has fun doing it anyway.

Meanwhile, I couldn't help but capture this moment of Kieran and Erik...
which reminded me immediately of this... Can somebody please tell me who stole the time so that I can have it back?
Anyway, Kieran and Anna have been having a blast playing with our neighbors, who range in age from 3rd to 6th grade. They are so good with both of them, racing their scooters up and down the sidewalk, playing hide and go seek in inner tubes and coloring with sidewalk chalk.

While I was helping my friends to house hunt, Anna was napping and Kieran was playing outside with the kids. He was having so much fun that he waited too long to go potty and when I arrived home, discovered that he had peed his pants. For those who are wondering, Erik was inside watching golf (at least he checked on him periodically, but apparently forgot about the potty part). Though Kieran is now potty trained (during waking hours), it didn't seem to phase him too much because he was still playing and having fun. He told me that next time he was playing he wouldn't have an accident. In any event, it was so nice to just be at home for a change, having good old fashioned, neighborhood fun. I am thankful for the town we live in, thankful for my husband, and thankful for my kids. Life is good.

No comments :

Post a Comment

It's a beautiful noise-And it's a sound that I love- And it makes me feel good-Like a hand in a glove -Yes it does, yes it does-What a beautiful noise

Related Posts with Thumbnails