Sunday, September 7, 2014

it's all how you look at it {life lessons through soccer}

Soccer season has officially started...
and I'm officially a Stay-at-Home Mama for a year!
I'm having a difficult time trying to separate myself from my job as a school counselor, I feel as though I am on the outside looking in on someone else's life, almost as if a dream about not being able to start school on time because we couldn't get the scheduling completed.
Don't get me wrong, I am filled with gratitude that I am able to take this year off, I've never been able to be at home with my kids and it's a gift I never imagined would be possible! 
I've had the best of both worlds and I've often had to pinch myself because I love what I do as a school counselor, and I love being a mom. Working part-time (not really, but that's what the books say ;)), has been a great gig! I feel as though I've been on this train that has continued steadily down it's path, and while I haven't been derailed, the conductor finally chose to put me on another track. I know not the destination, except that I have to see things in a different way than I have been and I caught a glimpse of it through soccer, of all things. All of it, for me, applies to both of my jobs as a counselor and a mom, my marriage, my friendships and daily interactions.
In times of uncertainty...
light can always be found.
When you're trying to keep your opponent from scoring a goal while your team is winning 5-0 and you are the one that makes it 5-1, your coach if he's good (and he is),
still pats you on the back to let you know, "Hey, it's okay!"
When it's your turn to get into the game,
always let your teammate know that you are there for them even when they feel disappointment.
It's sometimes difficult,
but you have to be patient.
Tackle life head on, as if to say,
"You want a piece of me?" "I've got this, let's do it!"
Keep your eye on the prize...
life keeps moving whether you are on the train or not, stick with it, it's worth the ride.
Find a reason to smile,
even if you've lost.
When you smile,
it makes you feel better, along with others around you.
Don't forget to laugh...
it truly is the best medicine so whoever wrote that line was a genius.
Take a slice out of life,
and don't worry what others think.
Enjoy every last sweet, juicy, delicious bite,
as if it were your last, we're only here for a short while.
There's a song that's in my head, can't remember who wrote it, who sings it, but it goes:
"It's all how you look at it, all how you look at it, all how you look at it, it's really up to you".
Thank you, soccer season. Thank you, Family.
Let the journey begin!

1 comment :

  1. One of your best baby! I know whatever you choose will be the right choice. You are so talented...it so amazes me. I am so proud to be your Mommy!

    ReplyDelete

It's a beautiful noise-And it's a sound that I love- And it makes me feel good-Like a hand in a glove -Yes it does, yes it does-What a beautiful noise

Related Posts with Thumbnails