Sunday, September 12, 2010

getting closer

I'm getting closer. Just 8 weeks to go and I know it's going to go by fast! Feeling my new baby girl in my belly is something that is bittersweet. She will be my last. Kieran and Anna are enjoying their time as a pair:
{@ the San Diego Zoo}
What will life be like with 3? 3 words come to mind and they all happen to begin with the letter "E". 
Exciting.
Exhausting.
Entertaining.
 I recall being worried how Kieran would transition to not being the only one; the only one who had sole attention. How would he feel? Would he love Anna? Would he be upset with me for sharing the quiet moments with her that he was so used to getting at his every whim? How could I possibly love another baby as much as I loved him?
I held Anna in my arms and she was as perfect and beautiful as I had imagined, maybe even more. My love for her instant, my fears that I had played over and over in my mind, all but vanished.
Kieran saw his baby sister and enveloped her with such heart, such acceptance. I am at peace knowing that he will be every bit as thrilled with our new baby girl.
Anna, on the other hand?
She's a spitfire. 
Right now, she loves loves kissing my belly. She talks to her, and tells her that it's alright. 
When the baby arrives?
That might very well be a different story, to start anyway.
Seeing the love that Kieran and Anna share as brother and sister gives me great promise that my soon-to-be family of five will grow and change exponentially.
 I wouldn't want it any other way.
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

It's a beautiful noise-And it's a sound that I love- And it makes me feel good-Like a hand in a glove -Yes it does, yes it does-What a beautiful noise

Related Posts with Thumbnails