Wednesday, July 21, 2010

little stinger

Kieran has been taking group swim lessons for the past 5 1/2 weeks. He swims 5 days a week, a half hour each lesson. His Little Stinger group (the real swim team is the Stingrays) is fantastic because his group is only 4 kids, including him, with 3 instructors. It's basically been 1 on 1, and has been great for him! At first I was a bit apprehensive that he would be swimming 5 days a week. I didn't want him to have swimming burnout, a summer burn (I've come to the conclusion that he is the whitest kid in our town), or green hair. So far, we've managed to slather on the the sunscreen and haven't missed any spots, his hair is tinged green though better since I started using swimmer's shampoo, and the burnout is all but a distant worry. Kieran told me yesterday how much he loves swim lesssons and his coaches and today, was the icing on the cake. Kieran got to participate in his very first swim meet! With assistance from one of his coaches, he swam the length of the pool!
{Waiting...and no, my kid isn't tan with no shirt and the spandex shorts ;) }
{About to dive off the diving block}
{Go, Kieran, Go!}
{swimming his little heart out}
{And he made it! I was a bit disappointed because I had to bring my point and shoot-right before the meet I checked my camera and my card was full! I didn't have time to download and backup to erase them. I need a second card! Oh well, at least I had something!}
{super proud of himself}
{everyone earned a silver medal and a certificate, it was the highlight of his day!}


Pure happiness, I tell you! Kieran truly loves life and celebrates everything. I learn from him daily and am honored to be his mother. It was also pure chaos at the swim meet. I'm not so sure I want to be a swim team mom, but I'll go with the flow when he decides what he is passionate about. For now, this was SO worth it!

2 comments :

  1. Oh my goodness that is so cute! Way to go Kieran! Our neighborhood pool has a swim team also, but it was full by the time we moved in, so I am going to sign Kate up next year. She will be a Little Devil :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He should be proud of himself! Love the pics - his expressions are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

It's a beautiful noise-And it's a sound that I love- And it makes me feel good-Like a hand in a glove -Yes it does, yes it does-What a beautiful noise

Related Posts with Thumbnails