Tuesday, September 22, 2009

10 on tuesday

1. Stroller #3, yes I said it, stroller #3. Since Erik bought his new sports car, our travel stroller (Peg Perego), and definitely not our beast (Bumbleride Indie Twin), will not fit into the trunk. So, we decided to get an umbrella stroller. Compact, light, and easy. If you know me, you know that I love all things baby and can obsess over the latest and greatest. I must say that as umbrella strollers go, I am in stroller love. This is the Uppa Baby G-luxe.
And, as you can see, the model below loves it too! She loved it so much, she watched an entire episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse in it!

Mom tested, Anna approved!


2. Kieran never drank juice until he was 3 years old. He loves water and milk and used to eat so incredibly well, fruit especially, so I never had a need to give him any juice. Now? Kieran's eating habits, well I don't know any nicer way to say it, they suck. So to keep him in "working order", I give him Mots for Tots (half juice half water). Anna, on the other hand, has no problem eating or drinking. She also has no problem (LOUDLY) telling you what she wants. Since she sees her big brother with apple juice, she yells out for apple juice. "apppa juice!", "Appa Juice", "APPA JUICE"! I pick and choose my battles. She wins this one, but I draw the line at squeezing it ALL over the floor. Here is Anna and her new Juice Box Buddy:

Love the Juice Box Buddy. This baby has figured out how to pull out the straw and still shake the juice out, but, it's still a good deterrent.


3. It wasn't until recently, that Kieran has started to play with his dinosaur, Spike, the Ultra Dinosaur. Spike also has a mini-version of himself, his brother, Spike Jr. Kieran used to be so afraid of Spike that he was hidden in the corner of his room and we wouldn't even turn him on. Not this baby. She walks right up to big Spike and pets him, and walks around with Spike, Jr., sets him down on the floor, presses the button to make him go and says, "press the button!"

I'm not sure if I should be concerned or proud that Anna has no fear?


4. Oh, how I love my mommy and my baby. There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe love. A picture is worth a thousand words...and then some.

Nonna Jean and Anna


5. I have no words for this, other than, when Anna is happy, Anna is happy!

6. Anna loves to eat ice chips at Weezie's. She also enjoys feeding them to her sidekick, Lucy.

7. It took me forever to be able to feed Anna from a spoon. The only thing I've EVER been allowed to feed her is Yobaby yogurt. 
As of late, Little Miss Loud wants to eat yogurt all by herself!

8. Every night when I bathe my children, it is our ritual to sing the same song that my mom made up for my sister and me when we were babies. "Pretty baby, how I love her, pretty baby of mine, she's so pretty, and she smells clean, pretty baby of mine!"
I changed it to "handsome baby" for Kieran. Some nights he prefers me to sing handsome baby, others, handsome boy, it depends on what mood he's in. Here's my pretty baby girl:

9. I just bought this diaper cream from Mayron's Good Baby. It was developed by Melanie Mayron, the actress from Thirty Something, and her chemist dad. It's paraben free (though it does have lavender,  which some say is linked to hormone disruption and breast growth in prepubescent boys-I'm thinking it's such a small amount, it's highly unlikely this will have a negative effect on Anna-I'll take her to the doctor when she grows boobs on her butt!) and smells great! It's on the expensive side, but because UPS lost my package, Melanie emailed me and threw in an extra tube for free! 

10. Anna has been saying Kieran's name for a while, but not her own. 
She just started saying it, "An-na!" 
She just identified herself as "me" and "Anna" in every
picture here. I guess this post could've read 10 on Anna :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

It's a beautiful noise-And it's a sound that I love- And it makes me feel good-Like a hand in a glove -Yes it does, yes it does-What a beautiful noise

Related Posts with Thumbnails